News from WWE
Rumor Roundup (June 5, 2018): Jericho/Impact, Sanity, NXT cuts and signings, more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Impact Wrestling is involved in Sami Callihan’s angle of trying to get booked on Chris Jericho’s cruise. Callihan appears to be a way for Jericho to involve his friend Don Callis’ promotion in the cruise without appearing like he’s working with another WWE competitor.
- Speculation from Wrestling Observer and elsewhere is that Sanity’s SmackDown television debut could be delayed due to trademark issues WWE is dealing with.
- The Observer reports Progress Women’s champ Jinny has signed a WWE contract.
- One of the identical twins who worked in NXT as The Ealy Brothers has been released from WWE, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. It’s not clear why Uriel was let go, although the site speculates Gabriel could be being treated for a head injury.
- Jonathan Coachman missed Raw for his Golf Channel job. He says this is the last WWE date he’ll miss for a while.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!